Nestled on the quaint streets of Christiansted, the Club Comanche Hotel St. Croix provides the most exceptional personal service in an authentic Caribbean setting. The antique West Indian appeal of the hotel is in part related to its rich past as a cornerstone in the history of downtown Christiansted.
A significant landscape feature along the popular Christiansted Harbor Boardwalk, the hotel offers over twenty rooms and suites to choose from. The property includes two buildings joined together by a wooden skywalk bridge that spans the one lane street and walkway below, to the vintage built Bridge House building and one of the most identifiable landmarks of the skyline of Christiansted, the famous Comanche Mill Club. The club features a mill replica built along the Christiansted Harbor Boardwalk that once served as an island wedding chapel.
Our facilities include three bars and an award winning culinary team of restaurateurs, all working with our service staff to ensure a memorable stay for our clientele. The garden grounds feature a large swimming pool, a palm grotto and paved footpaths carefully landscaped with tropical plants and flowers, and outdoor seating.
Both buildings are conveniently located near the newly opened downtown casino, and within a short walk to art galleries, duty-free shops, custom jewelers, fine restaurants and waterfront bars, excursion boat operators, dive shops and the seaplane terminal. The Club Comanche Hotel St Croix features modern amenities and services, while still retaining the casual elegance of the Caribbean and the historic charms desired of a West Indian island getaway.
The circa 1756 West Indian 4-story town house was constructed using coral mined from the channel in the Christiansted Harbor. Built with Danish ballast bricks left behind by ships hauling rum and molasses from St. Croix to Europe, timbers and planks salvaged from shipwrecks, and using wood from the island’s legendary mahogany forests. The original structure has stood since 1756, and has been carefully restored over the years. The historic Strand Street building is furnished with many priceless antiques from the period.
Club Comanche Hotel St. Croix Vintage Bridge House building featuring our poolside cabanas and superior suites, was originally named The Comanche – after the 72 foot yawl that two adventurers, Ted Dale and Guy Reynolds, sailed from Cape May, New Jersey to St. Croix in 1948. They reported that the people of St. Croix were so friendly that they were inspired to build a new Christiansted hotel to accommodate visitors from the mainland, then flying in from New York and Philadelphia in the post-war era.
Thus the Vintage Bridgehouse was joined with the historic Strand Street building, and together they became another legendary landmark of St. Croix’s Cristiansted Harbor and downtown Christiansted. They stand today as an integral part of Caribbean architectural, nautical and colonial era history after many structural restorations and updates over the ages. Both buildings are eclectically furnished in colonial artwork and antiques and mid-century modern vintage pieces, adding to the comfort, charm and convenience of the location.